The BLUE KNIGHTS® is a non-profit fraternal organization and is the oldest and largest law enforcement motorcycle club in the world. Founded in Bangor, Maine in 1974, the Blue Knights has grown to over 20,000 active members in 600+ chapters located in 24 countries, representing all facets of sworn law enforcement internationally. Membership in the Blue Knights is open to active and retired full-time and active reserve sworn, governmental, law enforcement officers that ride (any make) motorcycle off-duty.
Many Blue Knights work long and hard to raise money for various charities. Especially near to our hearts is helping children. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Make-a-Wish Foundation, Toys for Tots, D.A.R.E., and Concerns of Police Survivors are some examples of our favorites.
As of February 2016, Blue Knights Chapters have donated to numerous charities; contributing time, goods, and cash with a combined total value exceeding $17,840,000.00 (USD). Nebraska Chapter II has helped with that number donating almost $17,000.00 (USD) since September 2015 alone.
According to the By-Laws, our purposes and goals are to:
- Provide for the mutual assistance, enjoyment, entertainment, education, physical, mental and social benefit of its members and the general public.
- To promote and advance the sport of motorcycling and the safety of motorcycling.
- To serve the interests of motorcycle owners and users.
- To promote by example and any other acceptable means, safe use, operation and enjoyment of motorcycles.
- To develop a fraternal spirit between law enforcement personnel and the general public.
Make no mistake, WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS. We are (or were) full-time or reserve, police officers, sheriff’s deputies, highway patrolmen, federal, state and county law enforcement agents and investigators that love riding motorcycles. Not just one brand or type of motorcycle, but all kinds from cruisers to sport bikes. You name it, we ride it! We feel that everyone should be free to ride whatever bike they choose, as long as they ride it safely.
The Blue Knights is a family fraternity. Spouses and children often accompany our members to the various rides and functions. When travelling, local members can provide assistance, directions and sometimes a place to stay. We are truly a family.
Among the Blue Knight members,
“There are no strangers, only friends you haven’t met.”